Servings: 5 adults
- 300g Quorn/meat-free mince
- 1 tin (400g) cooked green lentils (drained and rinsed; 265g drained)
- 250g chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
- 200g frozen sliced peppers
- 2 tins (800g) tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried Italian mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 stock cube (crumbled)
- 1 red onion (peeled and sliced)
- 1-2 garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 sun-dried tomatoes
- 100 ml water
- 75g per person of wholewheat spaghetti (dried weight)
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the peppers (if using fresh add them in step 2) and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the lentils, meat-free mince, tin tomatoes, water, stock cube, balsamic vinegar, tomato purée and herbs.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until you have a thick sauce. If it gets too dry during cooking add a splash more water.
- While the Bolognese is simmering, cook your spaghetti as per cooking instructions.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked and drained, serve into bowls and spoon the cookedBolognese on top.
- Keep in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 3 days or alternative store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- If you like spice add a little fresh or dried chilled at step 4.
- You could also replace the water with some vegan red wine for extra flavour.