Servings: 16 balls
- 100g oats
- 12 medjool dates (pitted)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 4-5 tbsp water
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 30g peanuts (chopped)
- 60g roasted hazelnuts (chopped)
- In a food processor add the base ingredients of oats, dates, cacao powder and 2tbsp water. Blend until the mixture starts to come together.
- Evenly split the mixture into 3 bowls.
- In the first bowl, add the orange extract and mix well.
- Take 2 tbsp (30g) of the mixture and roll into a ball. Set aside on a plate. Repeat until the orange mixture is all used.
- Take the second bowl and place the mixture back into the food processor. Add 1tbsp water with peanut butter, and blend until the mixture starts to stick together. This mixture should be stickier than the first mixture.
- Place the chopped peanuts into a bowl.
- Take 2 tbsp (30g) of the mixture and roll into a ball. Take the ball and roll into the chopped peanuts until it’s evenly coated. Set aside on your plate. Repeat until the peanut mixture is all used.
- Give the food processor a quick wash and place the third mixture inside.
- Add in half of the chopped hazelnuts and 1 tbsp of water. Blend together, the mixture should be sticky, if not add another tablespoon of water.
- Place the rest of the chopped hazelnuts into a bowl.
- Take 2 tbsp (30g) of the mixture and roll into a ball. Take the ball and roll into the chopped hazelnuts until it’s evenly coated. Set aside on a plate with the other balls. Repeat until the hazelnut mixture is all used.
- Eat them straight away or pop them into the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Store in an air tight container, in the fridge, for up to a week.
This chocolatey trio would be great in the office for an afternoon pick-me-up snack for you and your colleagues, or share with your family!