- 1 pack extra firm smoked or plain tofu (chopped into cubes)
- 120 g whole wheat noodles (weight is the dried weight)
- 70 g baby corn (halved)
- 70 g sugar snap peas
- 70 g tenderstem broccoli
- 1 carrot (sliced into matchsticks)
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped or grated)
- 1 tsp ginger paste (or freshly grated ginger)
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried chillies
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp light soy
- 1 tbsp honey (or vegan alternative)
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 spring onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 red chilli (thinly sliced)
- 1-2 tsp sesame seeds
- Check the instructions on the tofu packet before starting, some brands may require you to press the tofu before you start. We used no press tofu.
- Place the tofu cubes, in one layer, into a bowl or container.
- In a small bowl, add all the marinade ingredients and whisk together. Pour the marinade over the tofu, cover and pop into the fridge for 30-45 minutes, turning the tofu in between.
- Whilst the tofu is marinating, if using dried noodles, cook as per the pack instructions and set aside. Prepare the vegetables, and garnish ready to go.
- Once the tofu is ready, drain the marinade into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add the cornflour to a shallow bowl and evenly coat all the tofu pieces in the cornflour.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok on a high heat. Add the coated tofu pieces into the wok and fry the tofu until all sides are crispy and golden brown. This should take around 4-5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to the wok and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the cornflour into the marinade and whisk together. Add this to the wok and cook everything for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked noodles to the wok, toss everything together (easiest using 2 wooden spoons), until warmed through.
- Serve up the stir fry and garnish with the spring onion, chilli slices and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Don’t fancy noodles? Switch up for some wholegrain rice.