Servings: 2 people
- 400g chopped tomatoes (tin)
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (or use Soy sauce for a Vegan alternative)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne chilli pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 veg stock cube
- 1/4 tsp garlic granules
- 1 & 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 400g haricot beans (235g drained weight)
- 6 vegetable-based sausages
- 200g mushrooms (sliced or flat mushrooms)
- 2 slices wholemeal bread (or sourdough)
- 1 avocado (sliced or mashed)
- 2 handfuls spinach (or kale)
- In a pan, add the tin tomatoes, tomato puree, Worcester sauce, cayenne chilli pepper, smoked paprika, stock cube, garlic granules and dried oregano. Simmer for 5 minutes before adding the beans and simmering for a further 5 minutes.
- As the beans are cooking, prepare the rest of the breakfast. Cook the sausages as per the packet instructions and cook the mushrooms on a lined baking tray and under a medium heat grill for 5 minutes.
- Toast the bread and then plate everything up. Place spoonful’s of the beans on top of the toast. On the side, add the mushrooms, sausages, avocado and spinach.
For non-vegan options, a poached egg or grilled halloumi can be used. If using meat-based sausage, try and use ones that have a high meat content.