Servings: 3 people
- 6 large carrots (sliced into batons)
- ¼ tsp cayenne chilli pepper (or more/less depending on your spice tolerance)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano (or dried mixed herbs)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/ Gas 6 and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Wash and pat dry the carrot batons and place them into a large bowl.
- Add the cayenne chilli pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, dried oregano and olive oil. Toss together until all the carrot batons are coated in the herbs, spices and oil.
- Layout the carrots out flat onto the baking tray so they are in a single layer.
- Place into the oven on the middle shelf and bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove from the over and squeeze a little lemon over the top and enjoy!
- Makes a great snack on its own or with dips such as hummus or tzatziki.
- Tasty side to meals with things such as fish, chicken, meat or tofu.
- Why not try this with parsnips or sweet potatoes too.