Servings: 4 people
- 1 small red onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 stick celery (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 large carrot (diced)
- 400g butterbeans (tin; 235g drained weight)
- 400g chopped tomatoes (tin)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian chopped dried herbs
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne chilli pepper
- 100g soup pasta (such as Margheritine)
- 750-850ml water
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Soften the onion, garlic and celery in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Italian herbs, smoked paprika, cayenne chilli pepper, and 50ml of the water to the pan. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrot and red pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, before adding 200ml water.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the drained butterbeans, tin tomatoes, soup pasta and 500-600ml of water. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked.
This is great to cook in bulk and portion up for the freezer for those days you’re short on time.