Servings: 4 people
- 650g maris piper potatoes (chopped into small cubes, skin on)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Seasoning of salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Chopped parsley, to serve (optional)
- In a pan, steam or boil the potatoes for around 20 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain and return to the pan. Add the olive oil starting with 2 tablespoons and mash, adding more oil if you need it. Add seasoning (if using) and mash again to your desired consistency. Leaving the skins on gives the mash a nice texture (and adds more fibre).
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve if you like.
You can also create some great combinations – why not try some of these: Garlic, Rosemary, Parsley, Spring onion, Pesto. Or swap white potatoes for sweet potatoes, or do a half and half combination.