Servings: 4 people
- 500g new potatoes (half the big ones)
- 5 spring onions (sliced)
- 1 lemon (zest only)
- 1/2 lemon (juice only)
- 1 & 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 200g green beans (trimmed)
- Handful mint (chopped)
- 400g cannellini beans (drained; 235g drained weight)
- 40g feta
- 1 clove garlic (finely grated)
- Black pepper to taste (optional)
- Steam the new potatoes for 20 minutes, or until they are cooked but still firm.
- Whilst the potatoes are steaming, in a bowl add the lemon zest, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil and garlic. Mix together to make a salad dressing.
- 5-7 minutes before the potatoes have finished cooking, add the green beans to the steamer. They should also be cooked but still firm.
- Once cooked, run the green beans and potatoes under cold water to start cooling them down.
- In the bowl with the salad dressing add in the spring onion, mint, drained cannellini beans, cooled green beans and potatoes. Toss the salad together making sure everything is coated.
- Sprinkle over the feta cheese, season and serve.
This dish is a lovely accompaniment to a summertime BBQ, served as a main with some pan-fried sea bass, or as a packed lunch with some boiled eggs.