Servings: 3 people
- 150g orzo
- 1 stock cube (reduced salt)
- 15g mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 30g seeds (pumpkin and sunflower seeds work well)
- 60g raw spinach
- 80g feta (chopped)
- 200g tomatoes (chopped)
- 170g cucumber (chopped)
- 100g mixed olives
- 3 spring onions (sliced)
- 1/2 tin adzuki beans or any beans of your choice (115g drained)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- In a pan cook the orzo as per the packet instructions, adding the stock cube to the water.
- Whilst the orzo is cooking, take a salad bowl and add the mint, seeds, spinach, feta, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, spring onions and beans. Mix well.
- To make the dressing, pour the olive oil and lemon juice into an empty jar, tighten the lid and shake well (it should turn a yellow colour). Set aside. (alternatively, you can use a bowl and whisk).
- Once the orzo has finished cooking, drain and rinse under cold water. Add the cooled orzo to the salad bowl. Pour over the dressing and combine all the ingredients well. Season with plenty of black pepper.
- Store in an air-tight container, in the fridge, for up to 3 days.