Servings: 5 people
- 2 large ripe bananas (peeled and sliced, ½ -1 cm thick)
- 30g nuts and seeds of your choice (finely chopped)
- 50g dark chocolate (melted)
- Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the banana slices onto the baking tray so they are in a single layer.
- Drizzle over the melted chocolate over each banana slice.
- Top with the chopped nuts and seeds.
- Place the tray into the freezer for a minimum of one hour or until frozen.
- Enjoy as a sweet snack straight from the freezer. Only remove the amount you need as once thawed the banana will become soft.
- Transfer remaining banana bites into a freezer bag for easy storage. Ensure you place these back into the freezer flat, with the bites in a single layer so they do not stick together.
- You can melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until it is all melted. Alternatively, do this in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water making sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water.
- You can chop the nuts/seeds quickly in a food processor. Alternatively, you can buy ready chopped nuts or use a nut butter.
- Save any leftover chopped nuts in a small Tupperware box and sprinkle this over cereal or salads.
- The riper the bananas the sweeter they taste.