- 50 g oats (jumbo oats work well)
- 100 ml coconut milk
- ½ lime zest and juice
- 1 & ½ tsp desiccated coconut
- 80 g frozen raspberries
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp almond butter
- handful of fresh raspberries & extra lime zest (optional for topping)
- In a container or jar, add the oats, coconut milk, lime zest and juice and 1 tsp of desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Set in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- In the meantime, place the chia seeds, water and frozen raspberries in a small pan and cook on a low heat, stirring frequently. The raspberries should start to soften and gel with the chia seeds taking on a jam-like consistency. When this happens, take it off the heat.
- Leave to cool. Transfer into a container and place in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to eat, place your oats into a bowl and top with the coconut yoghurt, raspberry chia jam, almond butter and remaining desiccated coconut. You can add some fresh raspberries and extra lime zest too as an added extra.
This makes a great breakfast on the go, just layer everything into a jar and take with you on your journey. Also, try swapping the lime for lemon as this tastes great too. Prepare the night before or at least 4 hours in advance!