Servings: 4 people
- 300g ready-cooked beetroot (quartered)
- 40g walnuts (chopped)
- 160g mixed salad leaves (rocket, watercress, spinach)
- 1/2 red cabbage (cut into chunks)
- 2 red onions (cut into chunks)
- 200g goats cheese (sliced)
- 3 small sweet potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (plus a little extra)
- 3 soft dried figs (sliced)
- 1 tsp herbes de provance
- drizzle of balsamic glaze (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180oC and line 2 baking trays; one with foil and the other with greaseproof paper.
- Par-cook the sweet potato either in the microwave or boiling for 5 mins.
- Place the beetroot, cabbage, onions and sweet potato onto the baking tray with foil. Coat the vegetables in olive oil and then sprinkle over the herbes de Provance.
- Place on the middle shelf in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Turn the grill onto a medium heat and place slices of the goats cheese onto the baking tray with greaseproof paper. Place under the grill for a few minutes until it starts to soften, bubble and turn golden.
- Plate up the salad leaves and top with the roasted veg, walnuts and goats cheese.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic glaze if using.
A half portion works really well as a dinner party starter.