Servings: 4 people
- 8 chicken thighs (skinless)
- 100g mushrooms (quartered)
- 200g vine cherry tomatoes (keep on the vine)
- 1 courgette (sliced)
- 1/2 orange pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 yellow pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 red onion (cut into chunks)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp dried Italian mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 140g couscous
- 1 stock cube (chicken)
- 1 & 1/2 lemons (juiced)
- 1 lemon (quartered into wedges)
- Handful of parsley (chopped)
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC (fan oven).
- In a baking try, add the chicken thighs, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, courgette, peppers, red onion, garlic, dried Italian mixed herbs, and olive oil.
- With your hands mix everything well, ensuring everything is coated in the seasoning and oil. Position the chicken thighs so they sit on top of the vegetables.
- Cover the tray with foil and place into the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the foil and return the tray back to the oven for a further 25-30 minutes. Halfway through cooking, baste the chicken in the juices from the try to keep it moist. Check the chicken is cooked thoroughly, the juices should run clear.
- 10 minutes before the chicken has finished cooking make your couscous. Add the stock cube to boiling water using the amount of water and cooking method as per the packet instructions.
- Once the couscous is cooked, it should be light and fluffy. Add the lemon juice and parsley and mix through the couscous using a fork.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Place a portion of couscous onto a plate and top with 2 chicken thighs and a serving of the vegetables. Finish with a tablespoon of the cooking juices over the top and a wedge of lemon.
If you’re looking for a vegan-friendly option, you can replace the chicken thighs with a tin of chickpeas and a tin of cannellini beans. Reduce the cooking time slightly until all the vegetables are soft.