Servings: 4 kids
- 150g new potatoes (thinly sliced, about 5mm thick)
- 25g wholemeal bread
- 50g oats
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs (optional)
- 1 egg
- 250g diced chicken breast
- 1/2 stalk fresh rosemary (optional)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/ Gas 6 and line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Place the new potatoes into a microwavable bowl and microwave for about 2-3 minutes (or steam for about 15 mins, until slightly soft).
- In the meantime, blitz the bread in a food processor until you have coarse breadcrumbs and transfer to a bowl.
- Now add half the oats to the food processor and blend into a fine oat flour. Add this to the breadcrumbs along with the other half of the oats and mixed herbs and mix together.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg and add the diced chicken.
- One by one take the chicken pieces out of the egg and coat them in the breadcrumb and oat mixture. Pat off any excess and place onto the baking tray. Repeat this until you have used all the chicken pieces.
- Take the potato slices and pat dry with a tea towel. Coat them in the olive oil and transfer to the other baking tray. Sprinkle over the rosemary if using.
- Place both trays in the oven, the chicken on the middle shelf and potatoes beneath.
- Cook for 20 minutes, turning half way through. Both should be crispy and the potatoes golden brown.
- Serve with vegetables of your choice and a side salad.