Servings: 1 tub
- 400g chickpeas (tin; 240g drained weight)
- 400g butterbeans (tin; 235g drained weight)
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 50ml olive oil
- 100ml water
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve with vegetable sticks, oatcakes or warm toasted wholemeal pitta.
- Store in an air-tight container, in the fridge, for up to 3 days.
- Boost the flavour with a dash of harissa paste, a handful of chopped fresh coriander or spoonful of pesto.