Servings: 1 person
- 1 tsp cinammon
- 1 sugar (or sweetener)
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 banana (sliced, overripe is better)
- 70g blueberries
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or honey)
- Take 2 shallow bowls. In one bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and the sugar and mix together. In the other bowl, beat the egg with the vanilla bean paste and the rest of the cinnamon.
- Take both slices of bread and spread the almond butter over one side on each of the slices.
- Take one slice of bread and layer half of the banana slices on top of the almond butter, followed by a layer of the blueberries, then another layer of banana slices, using up the remainder of banana.
- Place the other slice of bread, almond butter side down on top of the fruit to make a sandwich. Give the sandwich a firm press so it sticks together.
- Take the sandwich and dip it in the egg mixture. Give it a few seconds for the egg to soak in before turning the sandwich and soaking the other side. All the egg should have soaked into the sandwich.
- In a frying pan, heat the coconut oil over a medium heat. Fry the sandwich for 3 minutes on each side. It should be a golden-brown colour.
- Once cooked, rub each side of the sandwich into the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Place on a plate, cut in half, and drizzle the maple syrup over the top. Serve as it is or with yoghurt.
- Switch up your fruit with the season – in the winter months, try stewed apple or pear or orange segments.