Servings: 6 people
- 450g – 500g new potatoes
- 400g (untrimmed weight) asparagus (trimmed)
- 12 eggs
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 10g (4 tbsp) fresh chives (chopped)
- 10g (2 tbsp) pecorino or parmesan (optional)
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 150g frozen peas (defrosted)
- seasoning of black pepper
- Wash and chop the new potatoes in halves or quarters if they are large.
- Boil the potatoes in a large pan for around 15 minutes until cooked but still firm. Add the asparagus into the same pan 2 minutes before the potatoes are ready. Again, the asparagus should be cooked but still firm.
- While the potatoes are cooking, whisk the eggs with black pepper, half the ricotta, chives and pecorino (if using).
- Once the potatoes and asparagus have finished cooking, drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan/ Gas 4.
- In a large ovenproof frying pan (around 12 inches), heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the potatoes and fry for 1 minute, turning halfway through.
- Turn down the heat to medium-high and add the egg mixture over the potatoes. Leave for a few minutes until the bottom starts to set. Then add the rest of the ricotta in dollops dotted around the top of the eggs, followed by the asparagus and peas.
- Leave to cook for around 5 minutes until it's half set, then transfer to the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and leave to sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving. Great with roasted vine tomatoes and salad.
- Great for using up leftover roast potatoes from Sunday lunch for tasty meat-free Monday
- This is delicious, both hot and cold. It makes the perfect picnic food
- If you find the asparagus tips start to colour too much in the oven, you can cover the pan with foil.