Servings: 1 person
- 1 small apple (chopped)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ juice of lemon
- 500g oatbran
- 300 ml milk/plant-based alternative
- 2 tsp ground linseed/flaxseed
- 2 medjool dates (pitted and chopped)
- 1 handful blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- In a small frying pan, add the apples, cinnamon, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of water. Cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. If the pan dries out, keep adding water (a tablespoon at a time). Add the blackberries, again add water a little at a time if the pan dries out. Turn the heat to low and keep an eye on the fruit whilst you make the oatbran.
- Add the oatbran, milk and seeds to a small pan and cook on a medium heat for 2 minutes stirring continuously. Add the chopped dates and cook for a further minute. The oat bran should have thickened. If it’s still too runny, cook for a little longer.
- Spoon the oat bran into a bowl and top with the softened apples and blackberries, using any remaining juices too.
Don’t fancy oatbran? This recipe works just as well with porridge too!