Servings: 1 person
- 500 grams Oatbran
- 300 ml Milk / Plant based alternative
- 2 Medjool Dates (pitted and chopped)
- 2 tsp Ground Linseed/Flaxseed
- 1 small Apple (chopped)
- 1 handful Blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Juice of Lemon
- In a small frying pan, add the apples, cinnamon, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of water. Cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. If the pan dries out, keep adding water (a tablespoon at a time). Add the blackberries, again add water a little at a time if the pan dries out. Turn the heat to low and keep an eye on the fruit whilst you make the oatbran.
- Add the oatbran, milk and seeds to a small pan and cook on a medium heat for 2 minutes stirring continuously. Add the chopped dates and cook for a further minute. The oat bran should have thickened. If it’s still too runny, cook for a little longer.
- Spoon the oat bran into a bowl and top with the softened apples and blackberries, using any remaining juices too.
Don’t fancy oatbran? This recipe works just as well with porridge too!