Servings: 1 person
- 2 slices wholemeal bread (or sourdough)
- 1 large flat mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 2 sundried tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 tsp olive oil (plus a little extra)
- 40g spinach
- 100g haricot beans (drained; cannellini beans also work well)
- 10g basil leaves (fresh)
- 1-2 tbsp water
- dried crushed chillies or pepper to season (optional)
- In a frying pan add the olive oil and garlic. Fry for about a minute until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes. If the pan becomes dry add the water 1 tbsp at a time.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and fry for a minute. Add the beans, spinach and basil for another 1-2 minutes until the spinach and basil have softened.
- In the meantime, toast your chosen bread.
- Place toast onto the plate and spoon your mixture over the top.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the top and season if you wish.
You can change up this breakfast by adding a poached egg on top, or halloumi to the mix at the same time as the sun-dried tomatoes.