Servings: 1 person
- 1 egg
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 1 tbsp hummus
- ¼ avocado (mash into chunks with fork)
- In a pan, boil some water (enough for 1 egg). Gently place the egg in the pan and boil for 5 minutes exactly.
- While the egg is cooking, toast your bread.
- Place the toast on a plate and spread over the hummus on one half, and the mashed avocado over the other half. Slice into strips.
- Once the egg has been cooking for 5 minutes, remove from the heat and run under cold water to stop it cooking further. Place into an egg cup and slice off the top.
- Serve with a side salad or vegetable sticks.
- Great for kids or adults – serve 2 eggs for grown ups. Mix it up with marmite on soldiers for a hit of B vitamins.