Servings: 2 people
- 50g plain wholemeal flour
- 40g ground almonds
- 50g oats
- 2 tsp butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 320g frozen sweet pitted cherries
- 10g toasted flaked almonds
- 150g Greek or plain yoghurt (or plant based alternative)
- Preheat the oven to 180oC (fan oven).
- In a food processor, blitz together the flour, ground almonds, sugar, butter and water until the mixture comes together like large breadcrumbs. Stir in the oats.
- Place the cherries in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the crumble mixture.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a light golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold with yoghurt and a sprinkling of toasted almond flakes.
For a different filling, swap half the cherries for frozen berries, and if you’re making this for the kids then it’s just as good without the sugar.