Servings: 5 people
- 500g chicken (diced)
- 250g mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 100 ml white wine
- 150g quark
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 stock cube
- 2 tbsp olive oil (plus a little extra)
- 140g wholemeal flour
- 400-500 ml milk
- 400g (frozen weight) frozen spinach (defrosted)
- 2 eggs
- 100g cheddar cheese (grated)
- In a frying pan gently fry the garlic and onion in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes before adding the mushrooms, tarragon andwhite wine.
- Turn up the heat until the wine is bubbling and crumble in the stock cube and cook for 2 minutes, stir the mixture occasionally.
- Turn the heat back down slightly and simmer until the liquid starts to evaporate. After 5 more minutes the chicken should be cooked through.
- Stir in the quark for a creamy mixture and set to one side.
- To make the pancakes drain off the excess liquid from the spinach. Add this to a blender along with the eggs, wholemeal flour and 400ml milk. Blend until you have a liquid mixture. If it’s still too thick add more milk.
- Grease a frying pan with a little olive and set to a medium heat.
- Place ½ cup full (125ml) of the mixture into the frying pan and spread out evenly. Cook for 2 minutes each side. Set aside the pancake and repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC (fan oven).
- Fill each of the pancakes with the chicken and mushroom mixture, roll up and place into a deep baking tray. Repeat with all the pancakes.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheddar and place into the oven on the middle shelf. Bake for around 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and is golden in colour.
- Delicious served straight from the tray just as it is!