Servings: 5 people
- 340g fish pie mix (or any mixed fish)
- 200g raw prawns
- 100g frozen peas (defrosted)
- 100g frozen sweetcorn (defrosted)
- 100g frozen spinach (defrosted)
- 400g white potatoes (chopped into small cubes, skin on)
- 200g sweet potatoes (chopped into small cubes, skin on)
- 25g butter
- 25g plain flour
- 250g milk
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- Pinch black pepper
- 60g red leicester or cheddar cheese (grated)
- 3 oatcakes (crushed; optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then add the white potato and sweet potato. Boil for around 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Whilst the potatoes are boiling make the white sauce. In a medium pan add the butter, flour, milk and mustard powder. Over a medium heat, whisk the mixture for 3-5 minutes until it thickens (it should coat the back of a wooden spoon). Season with black pepper and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180oC (fan oven).
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and add back to the pan. Add the olive oil and roughly mash the potatoes. Set aside.
- Add the fish, prawns, peas, sweetcorn and spinach to the sauce, stir through.
- Transfer the fish mixture to a medium-sized pie dish and top with the mashed potato, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and oatcakes (if using).
- Place into the oven on the middle shelf for 25-30 minutes.